Re: pgBackRest for a 50 TB database

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pgBackRest for a 50 TB database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

On Mon, Oct 2, 2023 at 20:08 Abhishek Bhola <abhishek.bhola@japannext.co.jp> wrote:
As said above, I tested pgBackRest on my bigger DB and here are the results.
Server on which this is running has the following config:
Architecture:          x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:            Little Endian
CPU(s):                36
On-line CPU(s) list:   0-35
Thread(s) per core:    1
Core(s) per socket:    18
Socket(s):             2
NUMA node(s):          2

Data folder size: 52 TB (has some duplicate files since it is restored from tapes)
Backup is being written on to DELL Storage, mounted on the server.

pgbackrest.conf with following options enabled
repo1-block=y
repo1-bundle=y
start-fast=y

Thanks for sharing!  Did you perhaps consider using zstd for the compression..?  You might find that you get similar compression in less time.

Thanks.

Stephen