Re: incorrect pg_dump output due to not handling dropped roles correctly

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: incorrect pg_dump output due to not handling dropped roles correctly
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Greetings,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 16:26 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Stephen, are you intending to get this bug fixed?

I had been hoping to get some kind of feedback or even a response regarding to the email I posted about what’s going on and how we might want to think about handling this situation.

In particular- should we really be setting default privileges for objects that are being created by an extension, at all?  The more I think about it, the less I like it, particularly when we start to think about the trusted extension work that Tom’s doing.

In short, I’m leaning towards the argument that this was a missing check in the default ACL code to explicitly *not* add default privileges on objects that are being created by an extension.  With such a check, the entire wouldn’t end up in pg_init_privs and the issue that started this thread wouldn’t happen.

Thanks,

Stephen