Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 13:59 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

pá 17. 9. 2021 v 13:56 odesílatel Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> napsal:
> On 17 Sep 2021, at 13:51, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> pá 17. 9. 2021 v 13:42 odesílatel Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se <mailto:daniel@yesql.se>> napsal:

> I am unable to write a filter statement which can
> handle this relname:
>
> CREATE TABLE "a""
> ""b" (a integer);
>
> Are you able to craft one for that?
>
> I am not able to dump this directly in pg_dump. Is it possible?

Sure, see below:

$ ./bin/psql filter
psql (15devel)
Type "help" for help.

I didn't ask on this

I asked if you can use -t and some for filtering this name

?

For my part, at least, I don’t see that this particularly matters..  for a new feature that’s being developed to allow users to export specific tables, I would think we’d want to support any table names which can exist.

Thanks,

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file
Сообщение: Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file