Re: warn if GUC set to an invalid shared library

От Maciek Sakrejda
Тема Re: warn if GUC set to an invalid shared library
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 12:21 AM Bharath Rupireddy
> Overall the idea looks good to me. A warning on ALTER SYSTEM SET seems
> reasonable than nothing. ERROR isn't the way to go as it limits the
> users of setting the extensions in shared_preload_libraries first,
> installing them later. Is NOTICE here a better idea than WARNING?

I don't think so--I'm skeptical that "updated shared_preload_libraries
first, then install them" is much more than a theoretical use case. We
may not want to block that off completely, but I think a warning is
reasonable here, because you're *probably* doing something wrong if
you get to this message at all (and if you're not, you're probably
familiar enough with Postgres to know to ignore the warning).

Thanks,
Maciek