Re: CREATE FUNCTION ... SEARCH { DEFAULT | SYSTEM | SESSION }

От Maciek Sakrejda
Тема Re: CREATE FUNCTION ... SEARCH { DEFAULT | SYSTEM | SESSION }
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 19, 2023, 20:23 Maciek Sakrejda <m.sakrejda@gmail.com> wrote:
I wonder if something like CURRENT (i.e., the search path at function
creation time) might be a useful keyword addition. I can see some uses
(more forgiving than SYSTEM but not as loose as SESSION), but I don't
know if it would justify its presence.

I realize now this is exactly what SET search_path FROM CURRENT does. Sorry for the noise.

Regarding extensions installed in the public schema throwing a wrench in the works, is that still a problem if the public schema is not writable? I know that that's a new default, but it won't be forever.

Сообщение: Re: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node