Re: Increased storage size of jsonb in pg15

От Sean Flaherty
Тема Re: Increased storage size of jsonb in pg15
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We did a little more digging on our side, which I apologize for not doing beforehand.

We wrote a script to create a simple table with a jsonb column, inserted some json data into the column and then used pg_column_size to test the size of the jsonb data column.

We ran the script against local docker versions of postgres 14.8 and 15.5 and saw that the data in the jsonb column was the same size.

We then ran the script on AWS RDS Postgres and saw a size difference for the same json data between versions 14.8 and 15.4 (we also saw the larger size on RDS postgres 15.5 and 16.1).

Versionsize (kb)notes
RDS Postgres-14.81587 (the same size we were seeing locally)
RDS Postgres-15.42112

Thank you for your prompt responses and assistance.

If you are curious, I can share the script we used with you.

Kind regards,
Sean