Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq

От Vaishnavi Prabakaran
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2017-04-05 15:45:26 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2017-04-05 17:00:42 +1000, Vaishnavi Prabakaran wrote:
> > Regarding test patch, I have corrected the test suite after David Steele's
> > comments.
> > Also, I would like to mention that a companion patch was submitted by David
> > Steele up-thread.
> >
> > Attached the latest code and test patch.
>
> My impression is that this'll need a couple more rounds of review. Given
> that this'll establish API we'll pretty much ever going to be able to
> change/remove, I think it'd be a bad idea to rush this into v10.
> Therefore I propose moving this to the next CF.

Craig, Vaishnavi, everyone else: Are you planning to continue to work on
this for v11?  I'm willing to do another round, but only if it's
worthwhile.

Yes, am willing to continue working on this patch for v11.

FWIW, I still think this needs a pgbench or similar example integration,
so we can actually properly measure the benefits.

I will investigate on this further.

Thanks & Regards,
Vaishnavi,
Fujitsu Australia.