Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq

От Vaishnavi Prabakaran
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 8:31 PM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 13 Sep 2017, at 07:44, Vaishnavi Prabakaran <vaishnaviprabakaran@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com <mailto:craig@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:
>
> I really do not like calling it "commit" as that conflates with a database commit.
>
> A batch can embed multiple BEGINs and COMMITs. It's entirely possible for an earlier part of the batch to succeed and commit, then a later part to fail, if that's the case. So that name is IMO wrong.
>
> Ok, SendQueue seems ok to me as well. Will change it in next version.
>
> +"a"?
>
> Hmm, Can you explain the question please. I don't understand.
>
> s/of new query/of a new query/
>
> Thanks for explaining. Will change this too in next version.

Based on the discussions in this thread, and that a new version hasn’t been
submitted, I’m marking this Returned with Feedback.  Please re-submit the new
version in an upcoming commitfest when ready.

Thanks for the suggestion and, OK I will create a new patch in upcoming commitfest with attached patch addressing above review comments.

Thanks & Regards,
Vaishnavi,
Fujitsu Australia.
Вложения