Re: refactoring basebackup.c

От Jeevan Ladhe
Тема Re: refactoring basebackup.c
Дата
Re: refactoring basebackup.c  (Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan.ladhe@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Robert,

I had an offline discussion with Dipesh, and he will be working on the
lz4 client side decompression part.

Please find the attached patch with the following changes:

- Even if we were going to support LZ4 only on the server side, surely
it's not right to refuse --compress lz4 and --compress client-lz4 at
the parsing stage. I don't even think the message you added to main()
is reachable.

I think you are right, I have removed the message and again introduced
the Assert() back.

- In the new test case you set decompress_flags but according to the
documentation I have here, -m is for multiple files (and so should not
be needed here) and -d is for decompression (which is what we want
here). So I'm confused why this is like this.

As explained earlier in the tap test the 'lz4 -d base.tar.lz4' command was
throwing the decompression to stdout. Now, I have removed the '-m',
added '-d' for decompression, and also added the target file explicitly in
the command.

Regards,
Jeevan Ladhe
Вложения