Re: PostgreSQL Process memory architecture

От Atri Sharma
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Process memory architecture
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Process memory architecture
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Ben Zeev, Lior <lior.ben-zeev@hp.com> wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> The case which I'm seeing is that I have an empty table without any rows,
> Create table test (
>   Num Integer,
>   C1 character varying(512),
>   C2 character varying(512),
>   C3 character varying(512));
>
> I create several partial indexes on this table:
>
> Create index(index_1_c1) on test(c1) where Num=1;
> Create index(index_2_c1) on test(c1) where Num=2;
> Create index(index_1_c2) on test(c1) where Num=1;
> Create index(index_2_c2) on test(c1) where Num=2;

It is just a hunch, but all of your attributes are character varying.
Could TOAST be an issue here?

Regards,

Atri

--
Regards,

Atri
l'apprenant

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Process memory architecture
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Process memory architecture