Re: Memory Accounting v11

От Atri Sharma
Тема Re: Memory Accounting v11
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
On Tue, 2015-07-14 at 16:19 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> tuplesort.c does its own accounting, and TBH that seems like the right
> thing to do here, too.  The difficulty is, I think, that some
> transition functions use an internal data type for the transition
> state, which might not be a single palloc'd chunk.  But since we can't
> spill those aggregates to disk *anyway*, that doesn't really matter.

So would it be acceptable to just ignore the memory consumed by
"internal", or come up with some heuristic?

Regards,
        Jeff Davis

I think a heuristic would be more suited here and ignoring memory consumption for internal types means that we are not making the memory accounting useful for a set of usecases.

--
Regards,

Atri
l'apprenant