Re: jsonb search

От Arthur Silva
Тема Re: jsonb search
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Armand Pirvu (home)
<armand.pirvu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> In my quest of JSONB querying and searching without having to actually cast
> into a text, I found JSQuery
>
> I do admit my JSONB knowledge shortcoming and I am not a developer but a
> DBA. As such some examples would be greatly appreciated since I tend to
> understand better
>
> I compiled and installed the extension
>
> 1 - Exact matching without knowing the hierarchy, just the key and element,
> I built a set like
>
> col1 |                       col2
> ------+--------------------------------------------------
>    1 | {"Home Email": {"EmailAddress": "1@yahoo.com"}}
>    2 | {"Home Email": {"EmailAddress": "2@yahoo.com"}}
>    3 | {"Home Email": {"EmailAddress": "3@yahoo.com"}}
>

> JSQuqery is super
>
> SELECT * FROM test1 WHERE col2 @@ '*.EmailAddress = "1@yahoo.com"';
>
> Now I can do a performance boost using
>
> CREATE INDEX idx1 ON test1 USING GIN (col2 jsonb_value_path_ops);
>
> I see this yield
>
> from
>
> testdb=# explain analyze^JSELECT * FROM test1 WHERE col2 @@ '*.EmailAddress
> = "10@yahoo.com"';
> Seq Scan on test1  (cost=0.00..12423.00 rows=500 width=68) (actual
> time=0.016..160.777 rows=1 loops=1)
>   Filter: (col2 @@ '*."EmailAddress" = "10@yahoo.com"'::jsquery)
>   Rows Removed by Filter: 499999
> Planning time: 0.042 ms
> Execution time: 160.799 ms
> (5 rows)

> testdb-# SELECT * FROM test1 WHERE col2 @@ '*.EmailAddress =
> "10@yahoo.com"';
> Bitmap Heap Scan on test1  (cost=31.88..1559.32 rows=500 width=68) (actual
> time=0.018..0.019 rows=1 loops=1)
>   Recheck Cond: (col2 @@ '*."EmailAddress" = "10@yahoo.com"'::jsquery)
>   Heap Blocks: exact=1
>   ->  Bitmap Index Scan on idx1  (cost=0.00..31.75 rows=500 width=0) (actual
> time=0.011..0.011 rows=1 loops=1)
>         Index Cond: (col2 @@ '*."EmailAddress" = "10@yahoo.com"'::jsquery)
> Planning time: 0.039 ms
> Execution time: 0.038 ms
> (7 rows)
>
> A whooping 4000 times improvement
>

> But I also noticed a vodka index
>

> testdb=# CREATE INDEX idx2 ON
> testdb-# test1 USING vodka (col2);
> ERROR:  access method "vodka" does not exist
>
> What am I missing ?
>
> 2 - Is there anyway I can accomplish a pattern and/or case insensitive
> search using JSQuery similar to
>

> select * from test2 where upper((col2 -> 'Home Email') ->> 'EmailAddress')
> ilike '%3%YAH%';
>
> select * from test2 where (col2 -> 'Home Email') ->> 'EmailAddress' like
> '%3%yah%';
>

> If so what indexing strategy can be used to have similar gains as above ?
>

> Many thanks for any help

Vodka is our experimental prototype of access method of next
generation and it doesn't exists in production-ready form. You can
check our presentation
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/highload-2014-vodka.pdf
to understand jsquery limitation and why we stop its development.
Also, 2 years ago I wrote (in russian)
http://obartunov.livejournal.com/179422.html about jsonb query
language and our plans. Google translate might helps

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fobartunov.livejournal.com%2F179422.html&edit-text=&act=url