Re: [REVIEW] Re: Compression of full-page-writes

От Arthur Silva
Тема Re: [REVIEW] Re: Compression of full-page-writes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
bothhardware implementations and highly optimized software versions.<div class="gmail_quote">Em 12/09/2014 17:18, "Ants
Aasma"<<a href="mailto:ants@cybertec.at">ants@cybertec.at</a>> escreveu:<br type="attribution" /><blockquote
class="gmail_quote"style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 10:38
PM,Heikki Linnakangas<br /> <<a href="mailto:hlinnakangas@vmware.com">hlinnakangas@vmware.com</a>> wrote:<br />
>I don't mean that we should abandon this patch - compression makes the WAL<br /> > smaller which has all kinds
ofother benefits, even if it makes the raw TPS<br /> > throughput of the system worse. But I'm just saying that
theseTPS<br /> > comparisons should be taken with a grain of salt. We probably should<br /> > consider switching
awfullyslow algorithm for checksums. We should<br /> consider switching it out for something more modern. CityHash,<br
/>MurmurHash3 and xxhash look like pretty good candidates, being around<br /> an order of magnitude faster than CRC.
inthis area I think it would make<br /> sense to just short-circuit the CRC calculations for testing this<br /> patch
/>Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (<a
href="mailto:pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org">pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org</a>)<br/> To make changes to your