Re: GSoC 2015: SP-GIST for geometrical objects

От Arthur Silva
Тема Re: GSoC 2015: SP-GIST for geometrical objects
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Indexingprolonged geometrical objects (i.e. boxes, circles, polygons, not points) with SP-GiST by mapping to
4d-space".<br /> > According to the presentation<br /> > <a
href="https://www.pgcon.org/2011/schedule/attachments/197_pgcon-2011.pdf">https://www.pgcon.org/2011/schedule/attachments/197_pgcon-2011.pdf</a><br
/>> SP-GIST 3 times faster than GiST in some cases. But GIST supports geometrical data types: <br /> > box,
circle,polygon with operators: && &> &< &<| >> << <<| <@ @> @
|&>|>> ~ ~=<br /> > Popular spatial extension PostGIS doesn't include SP-GIST, but has a lot of
Korotkov,I wrote some plan. <br /> > Using of K-D-tree and Quadtree in building index for geometrical data types can
increasespeed of search in some cases.<br /> > The main idea is representing 2-D geometrical objects in their
boundingbox. Set of 2-D boxes is 4-D space. <br /> > New _ops will work with points from 4-D space, for example
kd_box_ops,quad_circle_ops and will support all geometrical operators. <br /> > After conversion object to their
boundingbox algo has set of tuples (x1, y1, x2, y2). <br /> > Our goal is separate this space the most equally. If
wetalk about K-D-tree, on first step K-D-tree algorithm will split space in 2 parts by the first coordinate, in next
stepby the second coordinate etc., after 4-th coordinate we repeat this procedure. <br /> > At the end we have index
atgeometrical objects and use traversal tree for every search operator. <br /> ><br /> > Postgresql has already
hasrealization ideas of MBR in gist/gistproc.c. So I will transfer this realization to other type of tree.<br />
clearmethods, I will try to find more effective way. Maybe with using combination of different spatial tree
/>> <a
href="http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/gist_tutorial.html">http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/gist_tutorial.html</a>
peopleneed SP-GIST for cubes<br /> > <a
href="http://www.slideshare.net/profyclub_ru/o-lt">http://www.slideshare.net/profyclub_ru/o-lt</a>- presentation about
indexes<br/> > <a
href="http://pgconf.ru/static/presentations/2015/korotkov_spatial.pdf">http://pgconf.ru/static/presentations/2015/korotkov_spatial.pdf</a>
splittingmedian can get way off as updates are coming. What are your thoughts about that? <p dir="ltr">Also what's up
withthe 4d space? I don't quite get it. These types are 2 or 3 dimensions. <br />

От: Dima Ivanovskiy
Сообщение: GSoC 2015: SP-GIST for geometrical objects
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Bug fix for missing years in make_date()