Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?

От Arthur Silva
Тема Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 1:44 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 06/29/2015 08:23 AM, Arthur Silva wrote:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:02 AM, ben.play <benjamin.cohen@playrion.com
<mailto:benjamin.cohen@playrion.com>> wrote:

    Hi guys,

    We have a PG database with more than 400 GB of data.
    At this moment, a cron runs each ten minutes and updates about 10
    000 lines
    with complex algorithms in PHP.

    Each time the cron runs, the website is almost down because some queries
    have to make an update on the FULL table...

    Therefore, I'm asking if it's possible to duplicate my main database
    on a
    slave server in order to run these cron on this second server... then,
    replicate these changes on the main database (master).

    Which replication is the best in this case ?

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/warm-standby.html ?

    Do you have any links or tutorial which explain this kind of operation ?

    Thanks a lot !

Hello Adrian, can you give us one example of such FULL table update queries?

Actually it is the OP(Ben) that is going to have to supply that.

By website down you mean slowed to a halt or read-only mode (due to the
update locks)?

Either way it doesn't look like replication is going to solve your problem.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Oh of course Adrian! I must have confused the names at the time. Sorry!

Сообщение: Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?
Сообщение: Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?