Re: Row pattern recognition

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: Row pattern recognition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 8:13 PM Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
> SELECT v.a, count(*) OVER w
> FROM (VALUES ('A'),('B'),('B'),('C')) AS v (a)
> WINDOW w AS (
>   ORDER BY v.a
>   ROWS BETWEEN CURRENT ROW AND UNBOUNDED FOLLOWING
>   PATTERN (B+)
>   DEFINE B AS a = 'B'
> )
>  a | count
> ---+-------
>  A |     0
>  B |     2
>  B |
>  C |     0
> (4 rows)
>
> Here row 3 is skipped because the pattern B matches row 2 and 3. In
> this case I think cont(*) should return 0 rathern than NULL for row 3.

I think returning zero would match Vik's explanation upthread [1],
yes. Unfortunately I don't have a spec handy to double-check for
myself right now.

--Jacob

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/c9ebc3d0-c3d1-e8eb-4a57-0ec099cbda17%40postgresfriends.org

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints