Re: [PoC] Federated Authn/z with OAUTHBEARER

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: [PoC] Federated Authn/z with OAUTHBEARER
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 1, 2024 at 3:07 PM Jacob Champion
<jacob.champion@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> Awesome, thank you! I will start adding coverage to the new code paths.

This patchset rotted more than I thought it would with the new
incremental JSON, and I got stuck in rebase hell. Rather than chip
away at that while the cfbot is red, here's a rebase of v22 to get the
CI up again, and I will port what I've been working on over that. (So,
for prior reviewers: recent upthread and offline feedback is not yet
incorporated, sorry, come back later.)

The big change in v23 is that I've removed fe_memutils.c from
libpgcommon_shlib completely, to try to reduce my own hair-pulling
when it comes to keeping exit() out of libpq. (It snuck in several
ways with incremental JSON.)

As far as I can tell, removing fe_memutils causes only one problem,
which is that Informix ECPG is relying on pnstrdup(). And I think that
may be a bug in itself? There's code in deccvasc() right after the
pnstrdup() call that takes care of a failed allocation, but the
frontend pnstrdup() is going to call exit() on failure. So my 0001
patch reverts that change, which was made in 0b9466fce. If that can go
in, and I'm not missing something that makes that call okay, maybe
0002 can be peeled off as well.

Thanks,
--Jacob

Вложения