Re: Direct SSL connection with ALPN and HBA rules

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: Direct SSL connection with ALPN and HBA rules
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 25, 2024 at 9:17 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is difficult to imagine a world in which we have both requiredirect
> and forcedirect and people are not confused.

Yeah... Any thoughts on a better scheme? require_auth was meant to
lock down overly general authentication; maybe a require_proto or
something could do the same for the transport?

I hate that we have so many options that most people don't need but
take precedence, especially when they're based on the existence of
magic third-party environmental cues (e.g. Kerberos caches). And it
was nice that we got sslrootcert=system to turn on strong security and
reject nonsensical combinations. If someone sets `requiredirect` and
leaves the default sslmode, or chooses a weaker one... Is that really
useful to someone?

--Jacob