Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 5, 2024 at 3:32 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> > An autoreconf run on my machine pulls in more changes (getting rid of
> > the symbols we no longer check for).
>
> Ah yes, missed updating before formatting the patch. Done in the attached.

The commit subject may still need to be reverted to how you had it
originally, unless you are keeping my omission of "1.1.0" on purpose.

I've tested (with Meson) on LibreSSL 3.3 to 3.8, and verified that 2.7
to 3.2 now fail to configure. Similarly, OpenSSL 1.0.2 and 1.1.0 fail
to configure, and I ran tests with 1.1.1 to 3.3. I did a quick smoke
test with autoconf to make sure that old versions are rejected there
too, but I didn't run all the tests again.

Maybe there was a good reason for them to do it, but I'm kind of
amazed that LibreSSL camped on the 2.x version number, then revved to
a 3.x line anyway and camped on those numbers too, so that Meson can't
just rely on pkgconfig to figure out which version we have.

--Jacob