Re: BUG #14351: Upsert not working in case of partitioned tables

От Marco Colombo
Тема Re: BUG #14351: Upsert not working in case of partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thank you very much! Appreciated

> Marco Colombo <ing.marco.colombo@gmail.com> writes:
> > Hi, are information provided sufficient to reproduce the problem?
>
> I think you're hoping for a feature that doesn't exist, and is unlikely to
> do so anytime soon.  The INSERT ... ON CONFLICT clause describes what to
> do in case the unique constraint on table dh_1 is violated.  But it isn't,
> since indeed no insert into dh_1 happens at all.  Some other constraint on
> some other table is being violated.  The fact that that other insert is
> being driven from an ON-INSERT trigger belonging to dh_1 isn't enough to
> make a connection --- after all, that trigger could do anything at all.
>
> If we had a true partitioning feature where the connection between the
> table insertions was hardwired into the system (rather than emerging from
> user-written triggers) and the partitions were all guaranteed to have
> identical unique constraints, then it would be reasonable to expect INSERT
> ... ON CONFLICT to handle conflicts within the partitions.  But we're
> still some ways away from having that.

Ing. Marco Colombo

От: hubert depesz lubaczewski
Сообщение: Re: Rows go missing when selecting "for update" after savepoint "play"
От: digoal@126.com
Сообщение: BUG #14360: snapshot too old bug? cann't reclaim dead tuple after has only xmin's transaction.