Re: BUG #16277: xmlelement allows invalid XML characters when XMLversion is set to 1.0

От Andreas Lennartsson
Тема Re: BUG #16277: xmlelement allows invalid XML characters when XMLversion is set to 1.0
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Based on the valid control characters for XML 1.0 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valid_characters_in_XML

>What other behavior would you expect?
I would expect valid XML 1.0 to be generated on success.
If that is not possible I would expect an error.

Thanks,

Andreas

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 2:59 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> The following example:
> SELECT
>   xmlroot (
>      xmlelement (name "test", CHR(26))
>   , version '1.0'
>   )

> Produces xml with the invalid ASCII character 26.

On what grounds do you call it invalid?  What other behavior
would you expect?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: planner weirdness: a join uses nestloop with checking condition when there are two subplan-or-hashed subqueries
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16277: xmlelement allows invalid XML characters when XML version is set to 1.0