Fwd: Autosave in the SQL Editor

От Vinicius Santos
Тема Fwd: Autosave in the SQL Editor
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

> MySQL Workbench has a similar feature.
>
> This does pose an exposure to save sensitive information without the user
> knowing. How to solve this?  A complicated development path:  encrypt saved
> document.

We won't go that road for sure. Too complicated, too easy to make it
worse.

I thought of something simpler.
In plain text.

>    Of course any of the files the user saves should be privileged
> to that user (not group).  So another method may be just to make sure the
> file's privileges are for the user only.

This is the minimum we can do.

If the file is plain text, anyone can look through the file system.

What we can do is save the user that has lost the query.

So, just to recover the lost files of the current user.