- Архив списков рассылки pgsql-performance

От sunil virmani
Тема
Дата
Re:
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

My databases are updated regularly so I am vacuuming frequently (every one hour). Recently i also added template1 database to avoid over wrapping problem. But somehow i am seeing strange behavior.

Most of the time all db vacuuming finish in 30 secs.

but once in a day or two
- My actual DB is taking less than 30 secs for vacuuming.
- Sometime template1 is taking 5 mins for vacuuming.
- Queries become exceptionally slow at that time for 5 mins ( specially during the end).

I am wondering what could be the reason of long time of template1 vacumming sometime and slow query at end of vacumming.

Do we need to template1 analyze regularly? What is ideal frequency of template1 vacuuming only and analyze?

My DB version is little old - 8.1.18.