Re: Hardware advice for scalable warehouse db

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Hardware advice for scalable warehouse db
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Robert Schnabel
<schnabelr@missouri.edu> wrote:
> I'm curious what people think of these:
> http://www.pc-pitstop.com/sas_cables_enclosures/scsase166g.asp
>
> I currently have my database on two of these and for my purpose they seem to
> be fine and are quite a bit less expensive than the Dell MD1000.  I actually
> have three more of the 3G versions with expanders for mass storage arrays
> (RAID0) and haven't had any issues with them in the three years I've had
> them.

I have a co-worker who's familiar with them and they seem a lot like
the 16 drive units we use from Aberdeen, which fully outfitted with
15k SAS drives run $5k to $8k depending on the drives etc.

Сообщение: Re: Hardware advice for scalable warehouse db
Сообщение: Re: Hardware advice for scalable warehouse db