Re: Query regarding PostGre database

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Query regarding PostGre database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Navin Chandra
<navin.pandit@ilfstechnologies.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am an application developer, want to use ‘PostGre’ as backend. May I know
> what is the maximum possible number of concurrent users?
> Your acknowledgement will be highly appreciated.

FYI, we call it PostgreSQL or pgsql around here.

The maximum number you can create is much more than the maximum number
you like want to create.  What are you looking at doing?  Might
connection pooling be a good match for that?

I have session db servers that keep ~800 persistent connections open
for small single table queries and they do just fine.  I've tested
thousands of connections with decent performance.  However having lots
of open connections can lead to "thundering herd" problems and is
generally suboptimal.

Сообщение: Re: Query regarding PostGre database
Сообщение: Re: Query regarding PostGre database