Re: Unexpectedly high disk space usage RESOLVED (Manual reindex/vacuum)

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Unexpectedly high disk space usage RESOLVED (Manual reindex/vacuum)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/10/2012 02:08 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> That isn't how it works.  The naptime is per database, not per
>>> cluster.  If the naptime is 1 minute and there are 50 "active"
>>> databases, then it will launch a new worker every 1.2 seconds
>>> (assuming the old ones finish fast enough that doing so would not
>>> exceed autovacuum_max_workers)
>>

>> Hmmm.  That was not my understanding from previous discussions on nap
>> time.
>>

> When in doubt there are the docs:)
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/routine-vacuuming.html#AUTOVACUUM
>
> "The "autovacuum daemon" actually consists of multiple processes. There is a
> persistent daemon process, called the autovacuum launcher, which is in
> charge of starting autovacuum worker processes for all databases. The
> launcher will distribute the work across time, attempting to start one
> worker within each database every autovacuum_naptime seconds. (Therefore, if
> the installation has N databases, a new worker will be launched every
> autovacuum_naptime/N seconds.)"

And apparently it wasn't always this way:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/routine-vacuuming.html#AUTOVACUUM

The autovacuum daemon, when enabled, runs every autovacuum_naptime
seconds. On each run, it selects one database to process and checks
each table within that database. VACUUM or ANALYZE commands are issued
as needed.

Сообщение: Re: Unexpectedly high disk space usage RESOLVED (Manual reindex/vacuum)
Сообщение: Re: Unexpectedly high disk space usage RESOLVED (Manual reindex/vacuum)