Re: MediaWiki + PostgreSQL is not ready for production?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: MediaWiki + PostgreSQL is not ready for production?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 10:14 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> I found following comment for using PostgreSQL with MediaWiki:
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Compatibility#Database
>
> "Anything other than MySQL or MariaDB is not recommended for
> production use at this point."
>
> This is a sad and disappointed statement for us. Should we help
> MediaWiki community to enhance this?

A few years back I worked at a company that put mediawiki into our
school content management system with postgresql. We had zero issues
with postgresql support, it mostly just worked.  Took us about 4 weeks
to get it working and tested and deployed.

The cool bit was that by creating a few triggers and views, we made
mediawiki think it was just sitting on top of the default database
when it fact it was sitting on top of our custom db. Each teacher /
classroom had its own wiki, and we had literally 10s of thousands of
independent wikis running, and they were plenty fast.