Re: w7 vs linux

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: w7 vs linux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 2:39 AM, Peter Kroon <plakroon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is pgsql faster on linux?
> Currently I've made an installation on W7 and the converted queries are
> about 3 times slower then on mssql.
> There's still some optimization to do tho...but the current results don't
> look to good.

Wait first you say pgsql, then you say mssql, so which is it?

also single threaded benchmarks don't really mean a lot in the
relational db world. for instance, let's say that pgsql runs a query
in 100ms with 1 thread, but runs the same query in 110ms with 10
threads.  Meanwhile, a db that runs that query in 50ms in a single
thread, but takes 500ms for 10 threads isn't scaling all that well.

So, what are you trying to do, how are you benchmarking, what kind of
performance is important to you?  The simpler the benchmark, the more
useless it tends to be.

Сообщение: Re: distinct values and count over window function
Сообщение: Re: distinct values and count over window function