Re: How large can a PostgreSQL database get?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: How large can a PostgreSQL database get?
Дата
Re: How large can a PostgreSQL database get?  (Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
My experience, doing production and dev dba work on both postgresql
and oracle, is that either works well, as long as you partition
properly or even break things into silos. Oracle isn't magic pixie
dust that suddenly gets hardware with 250MB/s seq read arrays to read
at 1GB/s, etc.

With oracle partitioning is easier, and everything else on the
freaking planet is harder.