Re: How to track number of connections and hosts to Postgres cluster

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: How to track number of connections and hosts to Postgres cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Venkat Balaji <venkat.balaji@verse.in> wrote:
> But, the information vanishes if the application logs off.
> I am looking for an alternative to track the total amount of the connections
> with the host IPs through a Cron job.
> What could be the frequency of cron ?
> I know the best is using log_connections and log_disconnections parameters,
> but, information logged would be too high and is also IO intensive.

Really?  Have you tested how much IO it will generate?  My guess is
not that much.  And on a database server it should be a miniscule
amount compared to what your DB is doing the rest of the time.
Eliminating this choice is premature optimization IMHO.