Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 7:56 AM, Frits Jalvingh <jal@etc.to> wrote:
> Hi Kenneth, Andreas,
>
> Thanks for your tips!
>
> I increased shared_buffers to 8GB but it has no measurable effect at all. I
> think that is logical: shared buffers are important for querying but not for
> inserting; for that the speed to write to disk seems most important- no big
> reason to cache the data if the commit requires a full write anyway.
> I also changed the code to do only one commit; this also has no effect I can
> see.
>
> It is true that Oracle had more memory assigned to it (1.5G), but unlike
> Postgres (which is completely on a fast SSD) Oracle runs on slower disk
> (ZFS)..
>
> I will try copy, but I first need to investigate how to use it- its
> interface seems odd to say the least ;) I'll report back on that once done.

I you want an example of copy, just pg_dump a table:

pg_dump -d smarlowe -t test

(SNIP)
COPY test (a, b) FROM stdin;
1 abc
2 xyz
\.
(SNIP)

От: Frits Jalvingh
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance