Re: what Linux to run

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: what Linux to run
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 3:33 AM, Leif Biberg Kristensen
<leif@solumslekt.org> wrote:

> My current gripe is this: The «stable» version of Postgres on Debian is 8.4.
> In order to install 9.1, I added this line to /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>
> Then I did an apt-get update and
>
> apt-get install postgresql-9.1 postgresql-client-9.1
>
> Finally I commented out the added line of /etc/apt/sources.list.
>
> This seems a rather roundabout way, is there a better one?

We use something like this to put 8.4 on an older debian release.  I'm
guessing that substituting the right repo and version would work for
9.1

sudo apt-get -t lenny-backports install \
postgresql-8.4 \
postgresql-client-8.4 \
postgresql-client-common \
postgresql-common \