Re: [GENERAL] idle in transaction, why

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: [GENERAL] idle in transaction, why
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Nov 7, 2017, at 12:16 AM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>> I would figure values in "minutes" to be more realistic depending on the workload and characteristics of the
application.

>> A transaction that has several seconds of "think time" between individual statements doesn't seem that unrealistic.
>>
> I started with the default zero and the save went through perfectly. It takes ten minutes so I’ll have a concurrency
issueI imagine.

10 minutes is long-ish but if it's not run all the time etc it may be
what you're stuck with. Idle in transaction doesn't necessarily mean
concurrency issues, as long as you're not operating on a whole table
other people need to update as well. I guess now's a good time to
profile what your code is doing, what's take the longest, and see if
maybe you can split that big transaction up into bite sized pieces.