Re: [ADMIN] Using Postgresql as application server

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Using Postgresql as application server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> one point that is getting lost in all this that if you are using a
> database for an application server, this does not mean it's the same
> database as your main database or even on the same machine -- you can
> still keep traditional separation of roles and use something like
> dblink to transfer data.  regarding the use of postgres functions for

I'm thining pl/proxy would be pretty amazing here.  I still prefer
using another layer in another language for an app server, but now
that you've got me thinking a bit more out of the box, pl/proxy would
increase your ability to scale quite a lot.