Re: Re: How to track number of connections and hosts to Postgres cluster

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Re: How to track number of connections and hosts to Postgres cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Venkat Balaji <venkat.balaji@verse.in> wrote:
> If i notice high IO's and huge log generation, then i think Greg Spileburg
> has suggested a good idea of using tcpdump on a different server. I would
> use this utility and see how it works (never used it before). Greg
> Spileburg, please  help me with any sources of documents you have to use
> "tcpdump".

There's also a lot to be said for dumping to a dedicated local drive
with fsync turned off.  They're logs so you can chance losing them by
putting them on a cheap fast 7200 rpm SATA drive.  If your logs take
up more than a few megs a second then they are coming out really fast.
 Do you know what your log generation rate in bytes/second is?