Re: can postgres run well on NFS mounted partitions?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: can postgres run well on NFS mounted partitions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 4:26 PM, anj patnaik <patna73@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback. I have setup a second Linux VM (running RHEL 5.11)
> and Postgres 9.4. I ran some insertions today from a client running on
> Windows. The client does a loop of 30 updates.
>
> I am seeing about 10-20% increase in latency in the case where DB is on NFS
> (over TCP) compared to directly on disk.
>
> The other machine I am using to compare is running RHEL 6.5 and Postgres
> 9.4.
>
> Are there any specific tests that are recommended to test that postgres over
> NFS works well?
>
> I am planning on doing a few large data inserts and fetches.
>
> With the little testing, the DB over NFS appears fine.

You need to do a power failure test. While running something like
pgbench for a few minutes, run a checkpoint command and then pull the
plug on the NFS server and / or the pg server. Bring it back up. Is
your db corrupted? Then there's something that needs fixing.

Сообщение: Re: can postgres run well on NFS mounted partitions?
Сообщение: Re: can postgres run well on NFS mounted partitions?