Re: BUG #16722: PG hanging on COPY when table has close to 2^32 toasts in the table.

От tomohiro hiramitsu
Тема Re: BUG #16722: PG hanging on COPY when table has close to 2^32 toasts in the table.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 11:13 AM Kasahara Tatsuhito <kasahara.tatsuhito@gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way
> How about distributing OIDs so that the GetNewOidWithIndex function doesn't take long to find an available OID?
> For example, skip one and assign an OID.
>
> As a side effect of this method, the OID progresses faster.
> (Maybe the btree index will be fragmented faster)
I think the idea of assigning OIDs to sparse is interesting.
However, I think it needs to find out how much it will affect the performance.
It could be a non-negligible overhead, especially for large amounts of
data insertion/updating.
I agree with you. I can't predict the impact of this method on performance.
I may need to do some performance tests to find out the impact of this method.

Thank you for your reply.

regards.
--
Tomohiro Hiramitsu