Gurjeet Singh Index Adviser User Interface

От Yessica Brinkmann
Тема Gurjeet Singh Index Adviser User Interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Goodnight,
I would like to ask the following question:
As some of you may recall, I was doing my university thesis as a modification of Gurjeet Singh's Index Adviser.
Now I have finished the programming part.
But I have the following problem:
Gurjeet Singh's Index Adviser readme describes how to use an Index Adviser interface called pg_advise_index tool.
The readme mentions the following:
i) pg_advise_index tool.
---------------------

Create a file that contains all the queries (semicolon terminated; may
be multi-line) that are expected to be executed by the application; and
feed this file to the pg_advise_index tool with appropriate options.

pg_advise_index -d DB -h host -U user -s 10M -o advisory.sql workload.sql

pg_advise_index will open a connection with the PostgreSQL server by
setting appropriate session level options that will force the backend to load
the pg_index_adviser plugin. It will then prepend the keywords EXPLAIN to each
of the queries found in the workload file, and execute them against the backend.
For each query EXPLAINed, the backend will generate advice for each index that
might have been beneficial in executing these queries.

At the end, pg_advise_index will enumerate all the indexes suggested for
the current session, and output the CREATE INDEX statements for each of them.
Optinally, if the -size option was specified, pg_advise_index will output suggestions
for only those indexes, that fit into that size.
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------
To test my thesis, I need to use this interface pg_advise_index tool, but unfortunately I have not been able to use it yet.
I would like to know if any of you have any experience testing or using this interface, or if you understand what the readme says anyway.
In that case, please, can you help me. Now to test my thesis.
I've actually already tried to run this interface pg_advise_index tool in various ways but haven't been able to.
What I don't understand specifically is from which directory should I run the command
pg_advise_index -d DB -h host -U user -s 10M -o advisory.sql workload.sql
I will greatly appreciate any help, please.

The Index Adviser readme link is as follows:
Best regards,

Yessica Brinkmann