Re: How are debuginfo packages generated?

От Daniel Farina
Тема Re: How are debuginfo packages generated?
Дата
Re: How are debuginfo packages generated?  (Daniel Farina <daniel@citusdata.com>)
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 10:48 PM Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@redhat.com> wrote:
On Saturday, January 6, 2018 6:52:12 AM CET Daniel Farina wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 9:50 PM Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> > On 6 January 2018 at 06:30, Daniel Farina <daniel@citusdata.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> For quite some time, I've been building lightly modified PGDG packages,
> >> but I have never figured how PGDG's yum repo gets debuginfo packages. When
> >> I have built them, unless I hack up the spec file to have "%debug_package"
> >> I do not get such a debuginfo package. Clearly, that is not how the spec
> >> files work as-is in pgrpms.
> >>

> > How do you invoke rpmbuild?
> >

> Via make nopreprpm10.

I've never heard about nopreprpm10, but it is more important to say where
you build the package because debuginfo generator is tightly dependant on
the _setup_ in packages like 'rpm', 'redhat-rpm-config', etc.

Have a look at `rpm --eval %debug_package` output to see what happens
there, and to see why it is needed.  Then, study your system/user rpm macros.
On my system (Fedora 27 x86_64), there's is (in /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/macros):

Seems to me _enable_debug_packages is not "1" on Amazon Linux, nor is that hook in in /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/macros, though that can be from simple divergence of sorts. I also have a Fedora 27 to compare to. I wonder how the PGDG repository did this on the older Amazon Linux it supported? Did it?

I'll bark up that tree for a while. Thanks.