Re: autovacuum worker started without a worker entry

От Ninad Shah
Тема Re: autovacuum worker started without a worker entry
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Most probably, it runs a wraparound process, however, if you may see what command was invoked by that worker, it would be helpful.

Regards,
Ninad Shah

On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 at 01:48, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 6:27 PM Vijaykumar Jain
<vijaykumarjain.github@gmail.com> wrote:
> postgres/varsup.c at master · postgres/postgres (github.com)
> I think, this block when it is about to assign the next xid, it does the math, and triggers an autolauncher start.
> I might be wrong, I did not run a backtrace though :)
>
>  * Check to see if it's safe to assign another XID. This protects against
>  * catastrophic data loss due to XID wraparound. The basic rules are:
>  * If we're past xidVacLimit, start trying to force autovacuum cycles.
>  * If we're past xidWarnLimit, start issuing warnings.
>  * If we're past xidStopLimit, refuse to execute transactions, unless
>  * we are running in single-user mode (which gives an escape hatch
>  * to the DBA who somehow got past the earlier defenses).

Seem reasonable as explaination, even if sounds to me xidVacLimit is 65536.

Thanks,
Luca