Re: BUG #15126: bug report for pgAdmin 4 v2.1

От Keith Fiske
Тема Re: BUG #15126: bug report for pgAdmin 4 v2.1
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 12:31 AM, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      15126
Logged by:          Rui Zhu
Email address:      911zrfelix@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 10.3
Operating system:   Windows 10

Hi PostgreSQL communities,

I am a heavy PostgreSQL user, and I love PostgreSQL very much. However, I
would like to report something that shall be improved:

(I am using pgAdmin 4 v2.1 for PostgreSQL 10 in Windows 10)

1. Everything is fine before the version of pgAdmin 4 v2.0 but problems
comes from pgAdmin 4 v2.0. I come across the errors of pgAdmin 4 v2.1
everyday that the pgAdmin stops and turns off with unclear reasons. This
problem occurs in different computers that shall be tackled in a timely
manner.

2. The design of "waiting for the query execution to complete..." is good to
avoid duplicated or conflict executions of queries. However, I can do
nothing to review and edit my SQL codes but wait for the completion. One way
to avoid the  "waiting for the query execution to complete..." is not
pressing the saving bottom and pressing the execution bottom. When  "waiting
for the query execution to complete..." pops up, press the saving bottom,
then I can review and edit my codes with the SQL execution. It would be good
if we remove the  "waiting for the query execution to complete...".

3. When I press "Ctrl+v" to save the .sql file, the save bottom does not
turn to the gray color that I am not sure my file is saved successfully or
not. Then, I have to use the mouse to press the save bottom, which is not
good and not convenient.

4. I cannot increase the font size of the SQL codes, which is needed by a
lot of users.

5. When the run time is over 1 min, Messages and Query History only show the
minute without the second information. I need the second information
urgently because it can tell me the efficiency of my SQL code more
accurately. Executions of a SQL statement takes 1 min vs. 1 min 50 secs are
significantly different. Even though I can put the query into a function and
calculate the total execution time accurately, it is still not convenient at
all. Thus, wish the seconds information can be added in the next version.

Wish to get your feedback and these problems can be solved. I sincerely
thank you all very much for your contribution for the PostgreSQL!

Best Regards,

Felix