9.3 view / cross join / flat table solution

От Wells Oliver
Тема 9.3 view / cross join / flat table solution
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi everyone. I have a view setup like so:

create view myview as
select
    department,
    employee_id,
    report_status,
    sum(reports) reports
from logger.reports
group by department, employee_id, report_status;

Which gives me the total number of reports by status, which is either 'published' or 'finalized'.

What I don't get is an 'all' rollup. Which I could do with another flat table and a cross join on a table of report statuses, but I'd love to keep this is as a view if possible.

Using 9.3, so I have the "latest and greatest". What are my options here?

--
Wells Oliver
wellsoliver@gmail.com