Re: Yosemite (OSX 10.0) problems with Postgresql

От Wells Oliver
Тема Re: Yosemite (OSX 10.0) problems with Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Not to derail, but I've found this distribution of PG on OSX to be fantastic:

It includes all the proper launch files that work with Yosemite.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 10/20/2014 08:26 PM, Jerry Levan wrote:
> I just upgraded one of my Mac computers to Yosemite and am having a
> small problem.

Are you talking about the PostgreSQL built-in to OS X?

The PostgreSQL Development Group (PGDG) doesn't control Apple's
packaging of PostgreSQL at all. Unfortunately.

It is my understanding that Apple install PostgreSQL for Apple's
internal use in their products, like OS X Server, Server.app, etc.

Apple have finally taken PostgreSQL off the default PATH in their new OS
X release, but it looks like they've done it pretty brutally, pretty
much just converting the databases their products use and discarding the
others.

I don't have a Mac, (and frustratingly, Apple still don't offer VMs for
developer use), so I can't really test or investigate details.

If you're talking about the version of PostgreSQL bundled in OS X, then
I suggest contacting Apple support. Angrily.

Mac-using hackers, anyone know more? I've seen a few reports of people
losing data on Stack Overflow and apple.stackexchange.com and I'm quite
concerned about this.

> 1) The upgrade evidently *deletes* directories pg_tblspc, pg_twophase, and pg_stat_tmp from
>    the postgresql data directory. Google said to recreate the missing directories and indeed
>    Postgresql then was able to start.

That's a truly insane thing for an updater to do for any reason. Why
would it do that?

--
 Craig Ringer                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/