Re: Speed up pg_checksums in cases where checksum already set

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Speed up pg_checksums in cases where checksum already set
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 5:24 AM Greg Sabino Mullane <htamfids@gmail.com> wrote:

> The attached patch makes an optimization to pg_checksums which prevents rewriting the block if the checksum is
alreadywhat we expect. This can lead to much faster runs in cases where it is already set (e.g. enabled -> disabled ->
enable,external helper process, interrupted runs, future parallel processes). There is also an effort to not sync the
datadirectory if no changes were written. Finally, added a bit more output on how many files were actually changed,
e.g.:

I don't know how often this will actually help as probably people
aren't toggling the checksum state that often, but it seems like a
good idea overall.  The patch looks sensible to me.

От: "tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
От: "houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS