Re: BUG #17991: FATAL: cannot request additional shared memory outside shmem_request_hook

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: BUG #17991: FATAL: cannot request additional shared memory outside shmem_request_hook
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, 23 Jun 2023, 17:37 Laurenz Albe, <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Thu, 2023-06-22 at 23:17 +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> after install any extension then add it in postgresql.con file in parameter
> shared_preload_libraries
> then restart service ,this error happen
> --
> -- Unit postgresql-15.service has begun starting up.
> LOG:  pgaudit extension initialized
> FATAL:  cannot request additional shared memory outside
> LOG:  database system is shut down

If anything, that's a bug of the extension.
See that you follow their instructions closely, and if it still
happens, complain to the pgaudit maintainers.

after a quick check pg_audit doesn't try to allocate shared memory, so the problem is in one of the other modules

since we don't know what modules you're using, you should try to add them to shared_preload_libraries one by one, restarting each time, see which one(s) are causing this problem and then report it the the author(s).