Re: The tragedy of SQL

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: The tragedy of SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 8:31 AM Raymond Brinzer <ray.brinzer@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, on a practical note:  I'd like it if PostgreSQL supported
> alternate languages for queries, as it does for stored procedures.

I agree, and actually sent a patch some time ago to allow usage of
third-party parser(s).  They can coexist with the core one, meaning
that you can (if you write your parser this way) use both languages,
even in a multi-query string.  See
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/34/3100/ for more details.

That's arguably not enough to efficiently handle things like oracle
style sql-89 outer joins as there's still no way to hook into the
various transform* functions, but that's a start.