Re: Oracle to postgres migration

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Oracle to postgres migration
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 1:49 PM Daulat Ram <Daulat.Ram@exponential.com> wrote:

> Please confirm ! Can we migrate Oracle 12c database (12.1.0.1.0) running on Solaris to PostgreSQL 11.2 on  Linux
(Ubuntu).Also, please suggest the tools and pre-requisites.

A database migration is likely feasible, but might require quite a lot
of work depending on what features you're using, and the amount of PL
code.  Also, obviously migrating the database is only a part of the
overall migration process, as you'll also need to take care of the
application(s), the backup/restore, monitoring and all other tools you
need.

Concerning the database migration, the best tool is probably Gilles
Darold's ora2pg.  The tool also provides a migration cost assessment
report, to evaluate the difficulty of the database migration.  More
information on http://ora2pg.darold.net/

От: Daulat Ram
Сообщение: Oracle to postgres migration
От: Rick Otten
Сообщение: Re: Oracle to postgres migration