Re: Data loss when '"json_populate_recorset" with long column name

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Data loss when '"json_populate_recorset" with long column name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 1:31 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> Yeah.  We should try to work toward removing the limits on NAMEDATALEN
> for the attribute names.  Easier said than done :)

Yes, but even if we eventually fix that my impression is that we would
still enforce a limit of 128 characters (or bytes) as this is the SQL
specification.  So trying to rely on json identifiers having the same
rules as SQL identifiers sounds like the wrong approach.