Re: System username in pg_stat_activity

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: System username in pg_stat_activity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 11:01 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> I did. Here it is, and also including that suggested docs fix as well
> as a rebase on current master.

+    if (MyClientConnectionInfo.authn_id)
+        strlcpy(lbeentry.st_auth_identity,
MyClientConnectionInfo.authn_id, NAMEDATALEN);
+    else
+        MemSet(&lbeentry.st_auth_identity, 0,
sizeof(lbeentry.st_auth_identity));

Should we use pg_mbcliplen() here?  I don't think there's any strong
guarantee that no multibyte character can be used.  I also agree with
the nearby comment about MemSet being overkill.

+       value as the identity part in <xref linkend="system-user" />, or NULL
I was looking at
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/auth-username-maps.html and
noticed that this page is switching between system-user and
system-username.  Should we clean that up while at it?