Re: Good News Everyone! + feature proposal

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Good News Everyone! + feature proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 5, 2023 at 11:11 PM Jon Erdman <jon@thewickedtribe.net> wrote:

> As a second more general question: could my original idea (i.e. sans
> event trigger) be implemented in an extension somehow, or is that not
> technically possible (I suspect not)?

It should be easy to do using the ProcessUtility_hook hook, defined in
a custom module written in C.  As long as your module is preloaded
(one of the *_preload_libraries GUC), your code will be called without
the need for any SQL-level object and you would be free to add any
custom GUC you want to enable it on a per-user basis or anything else.